dive

I am diving into my Saturday like this turtle, a breath of air and then paddle down into the depths, hi to the local fish and other fauna and look, lovely places to paddle and hide. I am puttering, wondering, not directed, no list, I might wander by and do laundry but some of the day I will just revel in sloth…. I hope you get lazy time, down time, undirected time, unscheduled time, dream time, time to expand and paddle around and float in the sea of dreams…..happy Saturday.

….and I submit this to the Daily Prompt: dignify….

Today I refuse to dignify the type A part of myself with any attention: I am relaxed.

9 thoughts on “dive

1. HesterLeyNel says:

Thank you for the wonderful wishes and I hope that you will be able to tick the “wonderful Saturday” block this week. Now me, I have been working the whole weekend 😞 BUT, the weather is foul anyway, so if I can catch up while it’s still dismal outside, then maybe I can take a day off during the week to enjoy the sunshine 😉

2. shoreacres says:

This made me laugh. Here in the heart of hurricane Harvey territory, phrases like “time to paddle around float in the sea” evoke just slightly ambivalent feelings! On the other hand, we are going to have plenty of unscheduled time, since flooding’s made it impossible to go anywhere!

• drkottaway says:

Oh, dear, I suppose it’s insensitive to the folks in the hurricane! But… there are disasters somewhere in the world all the time. I am storing up my energy and refreshing to be able to work in clinic and not burn out!

• shoreacres says:

Oh, I wasn’t offended at all. It’s just another reminder of how writer and reader interact, and how context shapes our telling and reading of stories. I’ve always loved this saying: “We don’t see things as they are. We see them as we are.”

• drkottaway says:

I are a turtle today.

• drkottaway says:

Hope you and all of yours are ok, even if wet….

Comments are closed.